The Gluten-Free Mall® Privacy Notice
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not sell, rent or give away our mail lists or e-mail lists to anyone. Your personal information will only be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include order fulfillment, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purposes.
- We use third-party traffic tracking when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
- We also take part in Google's Remarketing Program, which means that Google will use a cookie to send you ads after you have visited our site.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is The Information That We Collect From You?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Using encryption technology, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing when you order from the Gluten-Free Mall®.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
The Gluten-Free Mall® Disclaimer
For the safety of all Gluten-Free Mall® customers we do not re-sell returned food items, regardless of their condition, therefore all sales at The Gluten-Free Mall® are final.
The Gluten-Free Mall® only accepts pre-authorized returns for the following reasons:
- The item was damaged during shipment;
- The item's expiration date lapsed by the time it was received;
- The item has spoiled or is otherwise defective.
Ingredients for all foods sold at The Gluten-Free Mall® are posted on each product's page, and it is a customer's responsibility to read and understand them, and to select only those items that are safe for their specific diet. The gluten-free status and any other claim regarding the ingredients of any product sold at The Gluten-Free Mall® are made solely by the manufacturer.
Warranty Disclaimer. THIS WEB SITE AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. INFORMATION IS BEING SUPPLIED ONLY AS OF THE DATE ENTERED. IT MAY CONTAIN GENERALIZATIONS, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES, OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. UPDATES, PRICE CHANGES AND CORRECTIONS MAY BE MADE FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE GLUTEN-FREE MALL® DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation of Liabilities. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GLUTEN-FREE MALL® BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES BASED ON ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE TO WHICH THIS SITE IS LINKED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, EVEN IF GLUTEN-FREE MALL® HAS BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
No Rights or License. INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN IS FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF OUR WEB SITE VISITORS, AND IS NOT BEING PUBLISHED FOR COMMERCIAL USE. NO RIGHTS ARE GRANTED TO USERS IN ANY GLUTEN-FREE MALL® TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR TECHNICAL DATA. USE OF THE GLUTEN-FREE MALL® WEB SITE OR ANY INFORMATION IT CONTAINS IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER.
Regarding the Gluten-Free Status of Products Sold at the Gluten-Free Mall®
There is not a consensus between the major support groups in the USA, Canada and Europe as to which grains/ingredients are safe for people with celiac disease, and which are not. The Gluten-Free Mall® has chosen to follow the most broadly accepted gluten-free standards, which are contained in the Codex Alimentarius. Codex Alimentarius is a Geneva-based international organization jointly run by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. Its aim is to establish worldwide standards for foods in the broadest sense. Food legislation in many countries, including in the United States, is based on Codex Standards. The Joint FAO/WHO Food Standards Program Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses at their twenty first session in Berlin, Germany in September 1998 drafted a revised standard for gluten-free foods. This statement has served at the guideline defining which foods may declared “gluten-free.”
Section 1.1: “This standard applies to foodstuffs and ingredients which have been especially processed or prepared to meet the dietary needs of persons intolerant to gluten".
It goes on in section 2.1 to state that “Gluten-Free” foods are food stuffs so described:
- a) consisting of or made only from ingredients which do not contain any prolamins from wheat or all Triticum species such as spelt, kamut, or durum, wheat, barley, oats, spelt or their crossbred varieties with a gluten level not exceeding 20 parts per million (ppm): or
- b) consisting of ingredients from wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt or their crossbred varieties, which have been rendered “gluten-free”; with a gluten level not exceeding 200ppm: or
- c) any mixture of the two ingredients as in a) and b) with a gluten level not exceeding 200ppm.
In section 3.1 of the report it states:
“For the purpose of this standard ‘gluten-free’ means that the total content of gluten in products defined in 2.1a) shall not exceed 20ppm, that the total content of gluten from wheat, rye, barley, oats or crossbred varieties of these does not exceed 200ppm in these food stuffs or ingredients defined in 2.1b) and c) on a dry matter basis. The prolamin content of liquid food products is in the same way expressed in ppm of the original product."
All products sold at The Gluten-Free Mall® fit into category "a" and are not made from wheat or any gluten containing grains. It is the customers sole responsibility to read and understand the ingredients in each product that they purchase on our site, and to know what is safe for their diets.
We hope you enjoy shopping at the Gluten-Free Mall®!