September 12, 2012
Brian Eha interviewed Scott Adams regarding past and future trends in the celiac disease/gluten-free market, especially with regard to the future growth of gluten-free product sales.
This acritle gives a snapshot of the current market, traces some of its historical growth, and gives a perspective on its possible future.
Washington Post"Is there a way to save on gluten-free foods? Foods made with gluten substitutes can be costly. For the best prices, check...at natural- and health-food stores and at such sites as...Gluten-Free Mall (http://www.glutenfreemall.com)."
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Click here to view this story.
Martha Stewart Living Magazine
July 2008, Pg. 158
Title: "Healthy Living"
The Gluten-Free Mall® was listed as the gluten-free product source for the Dried-fruit and Nut Health Bars recipe.
This magazine has more than two million subscribers!
Wall Street Journal
Tuesday, November 1, 2005, Pg. D4
Title: "Choices Grow for Wheat-Free Diets"
by Jane Zhang
Celiac.com and The Gluten-Free Mall® were both featured on Pg. D4 in an excellent article on the fast growing gluten-free food market, "That has fueled a 'constant bombardment' of the food companies by by celiacs demanding to know what products are gluten-free, says Scott Adams, a celiac who founded the online Gluten-Free Mall and Celiac.com in Santa Rosa, Calif."
The article goes on to describe the gluten-free market in the USA as a $600 million dollar per year fast-growing industry, with celiac support group membership at over 95,000!
San Francisco Chonicle
Wednesday, May 11, 2005, Section F
Title: "Against the Grain"
by Carol Ness
Celiac.com and The Gluten-FreeMall® were featured in the food section in an outstanding and very comprehensive article on gluten in foods, the gluten-free diet, and gluten-free foods. In the section "Fact about celiac disease and some resources" it lists: Celiac.com--a comprehensive 10-year-old Web site, based in Santa Rosa. Founder Scott Adams reports 250,000 visitors a month, a number that is rising 10-20 percent a year. Great site for information, food lists, message boards and links."
It also lists The Gluten-Free Mall® as a resource for Gluten-Free Products, and says: "Glutenfreemall.com--Foods and recipes, supports Celiac.com."
February 2005 Issue
Title: "What's Wrong with Wheat?"
by Sally Lehrman
The Gluten-Free Mall® was featured on Pg. 82 in an outstanding article on celiac disease in the February 2005 issue of Alternative Medicine magazine. In the section "How to Live Without Wheat" The author describes where to shop for gluten-free foods, and, for "Online, go to the Gluten-Free Mall® (glutenfreemall.com)."
Woman's Day Magazine
February 17, 2004 Issue
Title: "The Disease in Disguise"
The Gluten-Free Mall® was featured on Pg. 60 in an excellent article on celiac disease in the February 17, 2004 issue of Woman's Day magazine. Woman's Day has more than four million subscribers, reaches a total audience of 20 million, and is one of the top ten selling magazines in the USA. The Gluten-Free Mall® is listed in this article as a prime source for gluten-free prepared foods.
On February 9, 2004 The Gluten-Free Mall® was given a truely outstanding review by the world renouned health information site About.com. Here is a quote e-mailed to me from Adelle Tilton, a health reviewer and author at About.com:
"I really enjoy giving information like this to my readers - I have many "snake oil" salesmen trying to (unsuccessfully) get me to do reviews - I just won't do it. I am so pleased to bring the Gluten Free Mall® to the readers - I believe in your products - the quality and pricing is very good. I wouldn't consider myself shopping anywhere else. And you may quote me. :)"
The New York Times
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
Both The Gluten-Free Mall® and Celiac.com were featured in a recent New York Times article on celiac disease! The article included the following about our Resource Center:
"...But thanks to the efforts of others with the disorder, www.celiac.com offers reliable information along with
hundreds of gluten-free recipes and products and their vendors."
The article subsequently ran in many other newspapers across the country and internationally, including the International Herald Tribune.
November, 2000: Prevention Magazine features The Gluten-Free Mall® in an article (pg. 114) about celiac disease titled: "When Your Gut Screams NO!" According to the article, The Gluten-Free Mall® is one of the top three on-line vendors for buying great gluten-free foods!
|Medinex Seal of Approval |
August 17, 1999: Offered to sites which meet Medinex's high standards, and agree to follow their strict Code of Ethics governing a selected few Internet sites which are listed in their excellent medical directory.
|Fancy Food & Culinary Products Magazine |
April 1999 issue, page 7. Article title: New Specialty Food Websites.
"Ordering specialty foods and products on the Internet becomes easier with four new sites that went on-line in the last month.
1. A variety of gluten-free and wheat-free specialty products, including foods and vitamins from Quinoa, Legumes Plus, Jowar Foods, Nelson David of Canada, Freeda Vitamins, Gifts of Nature, Oakland Dietetic Bakery, and Tritamyl Bread Mix, can now be ordered on the Internet at www.GlutenFreeMall.com."
|Award Net Winner of the Chef Award: |
Award Net is proud to present the "Gluten-Free Mall®" with one of our "Most Prestigious Awards", the "Chef Award" - April 9, 1999. This award is not given lightly. The web site was thoroughly reviewed/critiqued prior to award consideration. We are pleased to report, your web site received a rating of Outstanding in the "Chef Award" category. Well done!!
| Digital Hors d'oeuvres Site of the Day: |
The Gluten-Free Mall® has been selected by the Digital Hors d'oeuvres Newsletter staff as the Digital Hors d'oeuvres Site of the Day for February 25, 1999. Chosen for outstanding content and/or design, each selected site will be featured on our Web site and will also be feature on ChefNet our foodservice industry resource. This award was developed by Gary Holleman, founder of ChefNet, editor of Culinary Online, author of Food and Wine Online, and Technology Editor for Food Arts magazine. The Digital Hors d'oeuvres staff now continues this award as a tribute to Gary Holleman who passed away on October 21, 1997. Gary is now referred to by many as the "Father of the Culinary Internet".
| onlyGourmet.com |
February 1, 1999: Looking for tapioca flour, potato starch, flax bread mix, lentil soup or fudge mound cookies? The Gluten-Free Mall® has these products and more. The site is clearly ideal for those with special diet concerns, particularly those with wheat and related food allergies. But we liked the variety of products that are hard-to-find, for instance, grains with high fiber, special cereals and products with the very popular flaxseed (high in Omega-3). The Gluten-Free Mall® offers state of the art E-commerce and they state that prices are the same as ordering direct! The onlyGourmet.com Staff "delighting the palettes of food lovers everywhere"
|Here is what Gluten-Free Mall® customers have to say: |
- I love being able to look at in one place for gluten-free things.
- I am so thankful for the products that I bought. Whoever is the person who made these items, I LOVE YOU. Life is a lot easier to eat. THANK YOU!
- I can't say enough about the Gluten-Free Mall®...it is so nice to get the necessary products I need without having to pay postage from each company...It gets expensive enough using gluten-free products without adding extra postage each time ...thank you!
- It was very pleasant shopping at the Gluten-Free Mall®. You have a wide selection of products and great quality. Shipping was excellent.
- The greatest thing about the Website is the low shipping charges...a while back I purchased similar products from all the vendors and the food order was about $40.00 and the shipping was $38.00!!! My seven year old has celiac so I must purchase many items on-line and I appreciate the Gluten-Free Mall® and again, the reasonable shipping charge. Thank you so very much!
Here are the results of a Gluten-Free Mall® customer satisfaction survey that was e-mailed to 175 recent customers:
- 92.2% of our shoppers found that placing an order at The Gluten-Free Mall® was easy.
- 92.3% of our orders arrived on time (3.8% did not respond to this question).
- 96.2% of our packages arrived in good to excellent condition (3.8% did not respond to this question).
- 84.6% of our customers felt that the products that they received were good or excellent, while 15.4% felt that they were average.
- Our overall customer satisfaction rating: 92.3% felt that Gluten-Free Mall® was good or excellent!